Giving birth to a child is an important life event for any woman.
Though she is happy, she is also perturbed by the postpartum hair loss that she is suffering from. Her self body image is taking a beating due to the hair fall. This is medically referred to as ‘Telogen Effluvium’.
In Postpartum hair loss the woman is alarmed at the amount of hair loss over a short period of just one month. Telogen Effluvium can also result from any other experience that is either physically or emotionally traumatic like child birth. Changes take place in the way the hair grow and develop. This difference causes a large number of hair follicles to shed all at one time.
The treatment is medical and not “hair transplantation”. “Hair Transplants” are done in other indications.
My article helps you to be aware of the entity of Postpartum Hair Loss and to take remedial measures.
Tips and Tips…
- Since Stress is one of the most important factors, please reduce your stress levels and anxiety. However, it is easier said than done. Try to keep your worries and negative thoughts out of your mind by engaging in constructive activities. Start meditation and breathing exercises, join a dance class, and take long walks.
- Be sure you are getting the nutrients required to prevent hair loss. Deficiencies in zinc, manganese and vitamin B12 contribute to hair loss. It is advisable to continue supplements you were taking during the pregnancy.
- When there is thinning of the hair, use a shampoo and conditioner that give volume and bulk to your tresses. Regular oiling and spa therapies also help.
- There is no denying the fact that a healthy balanced diet is the surest way to get your hair back.. Nuts, avocadoes and fish that are rich in omega-free fatty acids are a great help for hair growth; and so are flax seed oil and fish oil, if consumed daily.
- A shorter hair style for the 3-6 months after delivery hides effectively your hair problem.
- Stay healthy through regular exercise and do Yoga.
- Scalp massage olive oil and lavender oil, on a regular basis, increases the blood flow to the hair follicles which helps to increase hair growth.
- Lastly, if the hair loss does not go even after 3 months, you need to consult a trichologist www.darlingbudsindia.com The doctor would like to rule out medical conditions like thyroid disorders, etc. and start you on proper “treatment for hair loss”.
Rarely, women do not get back most of their hair. These ladies are candidates for “female hair transplant” and need to go to a reputed “hair transplanr clinic”.
Dr Bhatti’s Darling Buds Hair Transplant Clinic was established by Dr Tejinder Bhatti, a leading name in Cosmetic Plastic Surgery at Ivy Hospital Mohali on 15 November, 2009. The leading film star ZEENAT AMAN inaugurated the Clinic. Since its inception, the Clinic has emerged as the frontrunner in affordable, efficient and world class hair care and transplants. Please read more about us at www.darlingbudsindia.com